(1) Clean items with cleaning solvent, Fed.
Spec. P-D-680 Type II, and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect the bracket for dents, cracks and
(3) Straighten a distorted or dented bracket.
(4) Weld cracks and grind the welds smooth.
(5) Replace a defective control box bracket.
(1) Position the control box bracket in place
and install lockwasher and screw and lifting eye to the
top of the generator housing.
(2) Install lockwashers and screws that secure
the control box bracket to the side of the generator
(3) Refer to paragraph 4-44 and install the top
(4) Install the screws, lockwashers, and nuts
that secure the toolbox to the toolbox bracket. Refer
to figure 4-31.
4-45A. Replace Lost or Broken Terminal Clip
(Retainer, Safety Clip).
The terminal clip is a component of both the load
terminal and the ground terminal. If terminal clip is
lost or broken, fabricate as follows: Requisition bull
wire NSN 9505-01-049-0144, 0.050 inch diameter. Cut
off about 3 inches of the wire. Cut the wire short
enough to keep the clips from touching another ter
minal or the generator frame in the open or closed
position. Slip the wire through the hole in the terminal
and proceed as shown in the following views.