b. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
Clean all parts in a well-ventilated area.
Avoid inhalation of solvent fumes and
prolonged exposure of skin to cleaning
solvent. Wash exposed skin thoroughly.
Dry cleaning solvent (Fed. Spec. P-D-680,
Type II) used to clean parts is potentially
dangerous to personnel and property. Do
not use near open flame or excessive heat.
Flash point of solvent is 140°F (60°C).
(1) Clean the exterior of the control relays
carefully with a cloth dampened in cleaning solvent,
Fed. Spec. P-D-680, Type II, and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect for burned, broken, or missing con-
(3) Inspect the cases for cracks, breakage and
(4) Replace a damaged control relay.
(1) Refer to figure 4-28 for identification of
the contact pins.
Figure 4-28. Relay, internal connection diagram.
4 - 5