b. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
Clean all parts in a well-ventilated area.
Avoid inhalation of solvent fumes and
prolonged exposure of skin to cleaning
solvent. Wash exposed skin thoroughly.
Dry cleaning solvent (Fed. Spec. P-D-680,
Type II) used to clean parts is potentially
dangerous to personnel and property. Do
not use near open flame or excessive heat.
Flash point of solvent is 140°F (60°C).
(1) Clean items with cleaning solvent, Fed.
Spec. P-D-680, Type II, and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect the guard frame for dents, bent ar-
eas, cracks, and broken welds.
.(3) Weld cracks and broken welds. Smooth up
the welds by grinding.
(4) Straighten any bent or twisted areas.
(5) Replace a defective guard frame.
(1) Position the guard frame in place and in-
stall lockwasher and screw that secures the guard
frame to the flywheel housing.
(2) Install screws, lockwashers and nuts that
secure guard frame to the skid base.
4-48. Lifting Eye and Lifting Bracket.
a. Removal. Refer to figure 4-34 and the follow-
ing instructions to remove the lifting eye and lift-
(1) Loosen nut that secures the lifting eye to
the toolbox bracket. Unscrew lifting eye.
(2) Remove screws and lockwashers which se-
cure the lifting bracket to the flywheel housing the
remove the lifting bracket.
4 - 6