b. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
Clean all parts in a well-ventilated area.
Avoid inhalation of solvent fumes and
prolonged exposure of skin to cleaning
solvent. Wash exposed skin thoroughly.
Dry cleaning solvent (Fed. Spec. P-D-680,
Type II) used to clean parts is potentially
dangerous to personnel and property. Do
not use near open flame or excessive heat.
Flash point of solvent is 140° F (60 °C).
(1) Clean items with cleaning solvent Fed.
Spec. P-D-680 Type II, and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect the lifting eye and lifting eye
bracket for cracks and distortion.
(3) Inspect the lifting eye for stripped or dam-
(4) Replace all defective parts.
(1) Install the lifting bracket to the flywheel
housing with lockwashers and screws.
(2) Thread lifting eye into hole provided on
tool box bracket. Tighten nut to secure.
4-49. Ground Stud Terminal.
a. Removal. To remove the ground stud termi-
nal (fig. 4-35), remove the nut and lockwasher that
secure it to the skid base and remove the terminal.
Figure 4-35. Ground terminal stud, removal and