bracket screws go through proper holes
(3) Angle carburetor and attached parts as
(1) Remove air cleaner element cover and air
necessary and place in position in
carburetor chamber. Connect fuel line to
(2) Remove the screw holding carburetor link
connector and throttle shaft extension.
Using a pair of pliers, pull the throttle
shaft extension straight off the carburetor
To facilitate installation of a new fuel
(3) Remove cotter pin and free choke rod
line, it is necessary to heat the end of
the line in a pot of boiling water until
(4) Disconnect throttle return spring from
it is soft.
remove throttle return spring clamp.
(4) Check that carburetor gaskets are
(5) Loosen the two 2 1/4-inch long cover
properly positioned, and tighten the two 2
bracket screws to free carburetor from
1/4-inch long screws.
(5) Insert throttle return spring in the second
(6) Angle or tilt the carburetor from side to
hole from the unflanged end of carburetor
side and disconnect the fuel line from the
Tilt the carburetor and
(6) Slide choke rod through outer hole in
attached parts up at the fuel inlet side and
choke lever and secure with cotter pin.
lift it free.
(7) Install throttle shaft extension with the
(1) Place cover bracket assembly in position
concave cut side of the flat end up. Push
in front of carburetor and insert two 2 1/4-
throttle shaft extension on until the notch
inch long screws and lock washers.
engages the roll pin. Install carburetor
(2) Position two carburetor gaskets and heat
link connector and screw over throttle
dam (one gasket on each side of heat
dam) behind carburetor and make sure
(8) Install air cleaner element and cover.