Figure 5-9. Using rotor locking tool to hold shaft.
from turning, and install and tighten
(1) Insert stator leads through grommets in
socket head screw, lockwasher, and flat
stator mounting plate and drivecase.
stator are installed, and secure stator
mounting plate to drivecase with left-hand
Do not use rotor locking tool to
side screws only.
(3) Secure stator leads under cable clamp on
drivecase and connect leads to output
5-13. Ignition Ports
(4) Secure output connector to junction box.
(1) Remove starter fan housing as described
(5) Position junction box over stator mounting
plate and secure two remaining screws.
(2) Remove air screen by taking off two self-
(6) Aline keyway in generator rotor with
(3) Connect the fabricated rotor locking tool
in position. Insert key in keyway.
to the magneto rotor in the manner shown