keyway in the magneto rotor with the key
(4) Turn in the screw until the magneto rotor
and start the rotor onto the shaft. Push
is free, and remove the tool and magneto
the rotor as far as possible by hand, so as
to engage the tapered end of the shaft.
(5) Disconnect shielded ignition cable from
Install the flat washer, lock washer, and
hex nut on crankshaft.
(6) Remove three spinlock screws around
Secure rotor locking tool to magneto rotor
stator plate, and remove the entire
ignition system as unit.
Using a 1/2-inch socket wrench, tighten
the hex nut to secure the magneto rotor.
(1) Position gasket against crankcase and felt
Remove rotor locking tool and install air
seal on crankshaft.
screen, using the same two self-locking
(2) Secure stator plate to cylinder with three
spinlock screws. Before tightening fully,
Install starter fan housing as described in
rotate the plate clockwise as far as
possible to eliminate any play.
(3) Make sure the woodruff key is installed in
the crankshaft keyway.
Line up the
Figure 5-11. Removal of magneto rotor.