Using a megohmmeter, test between
the frame and one lead from each winding in the stators.
Use the appropriate pins on the generator receptacle on
the alternator stator, test between one coil lead and a
lead from each of the remaining five coils. Repeat the
test for one lead from each coil group in turn. A reading
of less than 1.0 megohm in any test indicates faulty
insulation and winding must be repaired or replaced.
All soldering connections must be
touched up with varnish after re-
soldering. Use resin core solder only.
Extreme care should be taken to
assure the proper replacement of
rectifiers (25 and 26, fig. 8-1). Two
different rectifiers are used in the
exciter circuit of which three are Part
No. IN1204A and the other three are
Part No. 1 N204AR. The 1N1204AR
rectifiers have a reverse polarity of
the 1 N 1 204A.
Rectifiers (25 and 26, fig. 8-1) must be
placed in HEATSINK (32) in the
proper direction. If the rectifiers are
not installed in the correct position,
The generator sets utilized on all
single trailer laundry units use a
cover in lieu of the shroud (4, fig. 8-
Install the setscrew (13, fig. 8-2) on the
generator housing (14).
Install the protective cap (12) on the
housing (14) and secure it with lockwashers ( 1) and
Install the electrical connector (9) on the
housing and secure it with washers (8) and screws (7).
Install the gasket (5) on the shroud (4);
install the toggle (6). Install shroud to generator housing
and secure it with lockwashers (3) and bolts (2).
Install the power cable assembly (1, fig. 8-
Install the heatsinks (31 and 32, fig. 8-1) to
the rectifier hub (28) and secure with six rivets (30).
Install the key (29) and position the rectifier
hub (28) on the rotor shaft.
Install insulation sleeving (24) on leads
(23). Install rectifiers (25 and 26).
Solder leads (23) to rectifiers (25 and 26)
and terminal studs (28b).
(10) Install terminals (27) on the ends of leads
(23a). Install leads (23a) on rectifier hub studs (28a) with
four nuts (20), four lockwashers (21), and six flatwashers
(11) Install the retaining ring (19) on the rectifier
(12) Fit the bearing (18) on the commutator end
of the rotor shaft (33).
(13) Install washer (17) and retaining nut (16) on
the shaft (33).
(14) Slip the bearing retainer plate (14) on shaft
(15) Fit the drive and bearing (13) on the rotor
(16) Install bushing (I 2) in bearing unit housing
(17) Install key (15) on shaft (33).
(18) Install the bearing unit housing assembly
(11) on the generator rotor (34) and secure it with
lockwashers (10) and bolts (9).
(19) Install bearing retainer plate (14) to bearing
unit housing assembly (11) using lockwashers (8) and
(20) Install key (6).
(21) Install fan (5) and secure it with washer (4)
and nut (3).
Change 8 8-11