(2) Turn circuit breaker to ON position and
(4) If measurements do not meet specifications
observe load meter on front of control panel. If the cur-
above, or if no output can be obtained, replace the fre-
rent transformer is defective, there will be no reading
on the load meter.
c. Removal and Installation. Refer to figure 8-2 to
(3) To test continuity of the current transformer,
inspect, remove or install the frequency converter.
disconnect terminals, including resistor connections,
at A1, B1, and C1. With a multimeter on low ohms
Switch and Mounting Bracket
scale, measure continuity between terminals A1 and
(Models MEP-016A/C) and (MEP-012A/C)
A2, B1 and B2, and C1 and C2. There will be a small
amount of resistance between these terminals but the
(1) Disconnect load cables, start generator set
and allow it to warm up.
(4) If an open circuit is indicated on the
multimeter, the current transformer is defective and
(2) Place circuit breaker in ON position. Measure
should be replaced.
output voltage with a multimeter across output ter-
minals according to output switch position.
(3) If proper voltages cannot be read across out-
(1) Remove output selector switch and bracket
put terminals, replace load selector switch.
b. Removal and Installation. Refer
to figure 8-3
inspect, remove or install the output selector switch
and mounting bracket.
c. Installation. Installation of the current
transformer is the reverse of removal.
8-7. Fixed Resistor Board Assembly (Models
(1) With load attached, start generator set and
MEP-016A/C and MEP-021A/C)
allow it to warm up.
Refer to figure 8-5 to inspect, remove and install the
fixed resistor board assembly.
(1) Attach a variable load to output terminals
and start the generator set.
(2) Move circuit breaker to ON position and
observe load meter and voltmeter. Reading at redline
on load meter is 100% load. Circuit breaker should
stay on indefinitely under 100% load.
(3) Adjust variable load until load meter reads
in red portion of load meter. Circuit breaker should
trip when indicator enters red portion of load meter.
(4) If circuit breaker trips below maximum load
(100% of 0.8 PF), (Power Factor), replace the circuit
8-7 as guide, remove and install circuit breaker.
Figure 8-3. Output selector switch and mounting
bracket, removal and installation (Model MEP-021A)
(Sheet 2 of 2).