nesses and cables.
Removal and Installation of Wiring Harness.
This section contains instructions for removal, inspec-
tion and repair, and installation of the generator-to-regulator and
power receptacle wiring harnesses.
The generator-to-regulator wiring harness inter-
connects the starter-generator, voltage regulator assembly, and relay
and furnishes current to the generator for starting the
The power receptacle wiring harness interconnects the output
voltage to a load(s) through two receptacles and controls the genera-
tor output voltage.
(1) Make certain all power is turned OFF.
When removing wiring harness, it may be
necessary to remove tie-strap.
tain straps are replaced when wiring
harness is installed.
(2) Disconnect regulator generator connector (11) at generator
(3) Disconnect relay-to-regulator generator connector lead (1)
(4) Remove three nuts (9) and washers (8), and disconnect cir-
cuit 1 lead (7), circuit 2 lead (4), and circuit 478 lead (5) at
(5) Remove wiring harness (10) from generator set.