Inspection of Fuel Tank.
(1) Inspect threaded bosses for stripped or damaged threads.
(2) Inspect fuel tank fittings for distortion and damaged threads.
(3) Inspect tank for dents, cracks, and crushed places that would cause tank to leak.
Ensure that the fuel filter neck does not have cracked welds. If a crack or a
Fuel tanks must be purged of fuel and fumes prior to rewelding.
(4) Inspect tank for discoloration, wet or damp markings, and other indications of fuel leakage.
(5) Inspect resilient pads under tank and replace them if damaged.
(1) Make certain all power is turned OFF.
(2) Drain fuel (para. 4-15) below level of fuel filter (13).
(4) Disconnect fuel filter to fuel pump hose (6) at filter outlet elbow (14), and remove elbow.
(5) Remove filter (13) from mounting bracket (12).
Inspection and Repair. Inspect filter for cracked or warped body, and fitting bores for damage
threads. Replace filter that shows any one of these defects.