Extreme Hot Weather or Dust.
High surrounding air temperatures alone are not
detrimental to the generator set, but dust, or sand in the fuel and
oil can lead to erratic engine operation, and shorten the life of
mechanical parts very rapidly.
Accumulation of dirt on the engine
or generator can insulate the cooling system, reduce its efficiency,
and cause excessively high engine operating temperatures.
atmospheric temperatures often deteriorate fuel by forming gum and
varnish which can plug the fuel system components.
Operation and Maintenance.
(1) If possible, operate engine away from dust or dust-creating
(2) Under extremely dusty conditions, service air cleaner fre-
Remove element daily, clean if required, and reinstall.
Change crankcase oil and oil filter element as often as necessary to
ensure clean oil.
(3) Use clean containers when adding fuel or lubricants to
(4) Keep fuel filter screen in place.
(5) Check fuel filter and sediment bowl daily, and clean as
(6) Keep engine and generator cooling systems components clean
and free of accumulated dirt, oil, and obstructions.
(8) Keep entire generator set free of accumulated dirt, oil,