Applying Generator Load.
When possible, do not apply the
load on-the generator until the engine warms up and runs smoothly
Five minutes is normally sufficient
without benefit of the choke.
Adjust carburetor, if necessary, to obtain smooth oper-
Adjust governor, if necessary, to maintain correct engine
Refer to TM 5-2805-203-14 for adjusting the carburetor and
To avoid injury to personnel, read
and follow the safety precautions
inside front cover of this manual.
(1) Do not place hands in vicinity of generator drive belts,
pulley, or engine flywheel while engine is operating.
(2) Use caution when filling fuel tank. Do not fill fuel tank
while engine is running.
Use clean, fresh gasoline that is free of
oil, dirt, and water.
(3) Do not permit dirt to accumulate on engine.
the circulation of cooling air and causes overheating.
(4) Never operate generator set with engine governor dis-
Overspeeding will damage generator and
connected or inoperative.
(5) Do not use generator set to charge a dead battery.
(1) Disconnect electrical output load from generator set recep-