Operating Under Usual Conditions.
This material contains instructions for the mechan-
ical steps necessary to operate the generator set under conditions
of moderate temperatures and humidity.
For operation under unusual
If any components
are shipped detached, they must be assembled prior to any further
perform the daily preventive-maintenance services as prescribed in
Use gasoline fuel only.
(1) Connect generator set to 24-volt battery source (par. 2-10).
(2) Place choke control lever in closed position (par. 2-6).
(3) Throw air shutter lever to summer position (par. 2-3).
(5) Push engine start switch for two or three revolutions of
Engine may be turned over
with starting rope (fig.
(6) Place choke control lever
in half-closed position (par. 2-6).
(7) Press engine start switch
to start engine (par. 2-2).
(8) Move choke control lever to open position as engine warms
up (par. 2-6).