b. Crank engine by hand at least two revolutions before
(This precaution is
starting engine to test for hydrostatic lock.
taken because there might be an excess of preservative oil in the
c. Follow the preventive-maintenance procedures given in
c. Break-In Services.
(1) Remove spark plugs, clean with dry-cleaning solvent, and
(2) Check all lubricating points to see if generator and engine
are adequately lubricated.
(3) Check all electrical connections, particularly at engine
at generator regulator, and in control panel for proper con-
(4) Securely tighten any loose nuts or cap screws, and make cer-
tain there are no loose or leaking fuel lines.
Correction of Deficiencies.
(1) Deficiencies disclosed during preliminary inspection and
servicing or during break-in period will be corrected by the using
of organization or supporting maintenance.
(2) Serious deficiencies which appear to involve unsatisfactory
design or material will be reported on SF 368 (Quality Deficiency