6. Wiring harness
27. Frame assembly
Figure 7-9. Main generator stator and housing assembly, disassembly (Model MEP-022A).
for damage, broken welds and cracks at the mount-
Clean all parts in a well-ventilated area.
Avoid inhalation of solvent fumes and
prolonged exposure of skin to cleaning
solvent. Wash exposed skin thoroughly.
Dry cleaning solvent (Fed. Spec. P-D-680,
Type II) used to clean parts is potentially
dangerous to personnel and property. Do
not use near open flame or excessive heat.
Flash point of solvent is 1400 F (600 C).
Clean items with cleaning solvent, Fed. Spec. P-
D-680 Type II, and dry thoroughly.
(1) Inspect the stator windings and leads for
broken or damaged wires.
(2) Inspect the main frame and exciter frame
(3) Inspect the exciter coils and field windings
for signs of burned areas, abrasion and other dam-
(4) Inspect the generator housing for cracks,
wear and other physical wear.
(5) Check for missing and damaged hardware.
(1) Remove and replace all defective wiring
that can be replaced without disturbing the stator
windings. Windings that show only very minor
abrasion and no breakage may be repaired by re-
Be certain that bare windings are not touching be.
fore applying electrical varnish.
(2) Dipping and baking varnish can be accom-
plished by following steps (a) through (j) below,
and figures 7-10 and 7-11.
7 - 1