(2) Use a multimeter set on the RX1 scale and
test between transformer terminals Al and A2, B1
and B2, and C1 and C2. Continuity should be
shown all three tests.
(3) Now, test between transformer terminal A1
and B1, between Al and Cl, and between B1 and
Cl. There should be no continuity indicated in any
of these three tests.
(4) Connect the meter, in turn, across the ter-
minals of each resistor and measure the resistance.
The resistance should measure within one percent
above or below 305 ohms (301.95-308.05 ohms).
b. Removal. Refer to figure 7-1 and the follow-
ing instructions for removal of the current
(1) Tag and disconnect leads from the resistors
and the current transformer.
transformer mounting strap securing the current
transformer to the control panel.
(3) Remove the current transformer.
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean the current transformer using a clean
lint free cloth to remove any residue.
(2) Inspect current transformer and resistors
for evidence of overheating.
(3) Inspect transformer case for cracks,
breaks, or other damage and resistor mounting
studs for corrosion or thread damage.
d. Repair. Replace a damaged or defective cur-
rent transformer or resistor(s) as required.
(1) Position current transformer in place in the
(2) Secure with transformer mounting strap,
washers and screws.
(3) Reconnect leads to the current transformer
and field flash switch.
7.6 Bench Test and Repair Procedure (Voltage
a. General. This paragraph provides instruc-
tions covering test and repair procedures for
Voltage Regulator NSN: 6110-00-764-7621; P/N
b. Removal. Using figure 7-2 as a guide, remove
the Voltage Regulator as follows:
(1) Remove screws and washers securing ac-
cess panel and remove panel (fig 7-2).
(2) Tag and disconnect all electrical leads.
(3) Remove four (4) screws and lockwashers.
(4) Remove the Voltage Regulator.
c. Test Equipment and Material Required:
(1) Multimeter - TS 352, 1M105 or equivalent.
(2) Resistor, Fixed: 30 OHMS tolerance at
minimum 25 Watt rating.
(3)Rheostat, Variable; 750 OHMS at 25 Watt
rating (Rheostat supplied with serviceable Voltage
(4) Soldering Iron: Small tip, 500-700 Degree
(5) Solder, Rosin Core.
(6) Voltage Source: 110-120 Volts AC, single
phase, 60 HZ.
d. Test Procedures.
Extreme care should be taken while con-
ducting test involving use of the 110-120
60 HZ Voltage Source for safety of per-
sonnel, and damage to equipment being
While using a soldering iron, caution
should be taken to prevent damage to
components, and printed Circuit board
from excessive prolonged applied heat.
Damage could result to replacement
items, rendering them unsuitable for
(1) With Voltage Regulator removed from the
generator set, place multimeter being used on
OHMS position RX 100.
(2) Remove two (2) screws located on the ex-
treme Left and Right side of the terminal strip,
TB1. Gently pull the terminal strip along with the
Circuit board upward making sure that wiring
leads are free from regulator housing and corn