Figure 7-1. Control box components, removal and installation.
(1) Tag and disconnect all wiring from the
(2) Remove the screws and washers securing the
frequency converter in the control box.
(3) Remove the frequency converter.
Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Wipe the outer surface of the frequency
converter clean using a clean lint-free cloth.
(2) Inspect frequency converter housing for
cracks, burned areas, and for evidence of overheating.
(3) Inspect contacts for corrosion, pitting, cracks,
breaks or other damage.
Repair. Replace a defective frequency converter.
(1) Position frequency converter in place on
(2) Secure with washers and screws.
(3) Reconnect all wiring.
7-3. Output Selector Switch
Removal. Refer to Figure 7-1 and the following
procedures to remove the output selector switch. On trailer
mounted units, remove the control box assembly first using
steps 1 through 5, then proceed with steps 6 through 9. On
skid mounted units, start with step 6.