(10) Remove the resilient mounts.
(11) Remove the screws and lockwashers (fig. 4-32,
View A) that secure the control box bracket to the side
of the generator housing.
(12) Remove the lifting eye (fig. 4-32, View B) and
screw and lock-washer securing the control box
bracket to the top of the generator housing.
(13) Remove the control box bracket.
(14) Disconnect the electrical cables from the con-
(15) Remove the ground strap.
(16) Remove the screws and washers (fig. 6-1)
which secure the control box to the generator housing.
(17) Remove the screws and washers that secure
the control box to the bottom resilient mounts and
remove the control box.
(18) Disconnect electrical cable from the generator
housing (fig. 6-2).
(19) Remove screws and washers securing the fan
cover (fig. 4-22) to the generator housing and remove
the fan cover.
(20) Remove screw and washers securing the
blower fan and remove blower fan.
(21) Remove the ground strap.
(22) Remove screws and washers which secure the
generator housing to the support brackets.
Block up engine with suitable cribbing before
removing screws and lockwashers securing
the generator to the flywheel housing. Attach
a suitable sling around the generator housing
and with a hoist raise housing until a slight
tension is felt.
(23) Remove the screws and lockwashers securing
the generator to the flywheel housing.
(24) Slide generator housing to the rear and
remove the housing. Remove air inlet grille from
(25) Straighten tang on locks and remove the
screws and locks securing the drive disk to the
adapter and remove drive disk and rotor.
(26) Straighten tang on locks and remove screws
and locks securing the adapter to the flywheel and
remove adapter from the flywheel.
(27) Disconnect the fuel hoses (fig. 6-4) and starter
cables (fig. 6-5).
(28) Drain oil from engine and remove oil drain
cock prior to the removal of the engine.