6-2. Generator (Model MEP-017A)
(1) Lift the locking handle (fig. 3-4) and re-
move the fuel can adapter from the fuel can.
(2) Lift clamp and loosen the strap securing
the fuel can in the fuel can bracket sufficiently to
allow for removal of the fuel can.
(3) Disconnect the battery cables (fig. 4-22).
(4) Remove nuts and washers which secure
the upper battery frame and remove frame and
(5) Remove battery from battery frame.
(6) Remove the nuts, lockwashers and screws
(fig. 4-33) that secure the guard frame to the skid
(7) Remove the screw and lockwasher that se-
cures the guard frame to the flywheel housing and
remove guard frame from the generator.
(8) Remove the nuts, lockwashers and screws
(fig. 4-31) which secure the toolbox to the toolbox
bracket and remove the toolbox.
(9) Remove the nuts, washers and screws (fig.
4-30) which secure the resilient mounts to the con-
trol box bracket.
(10) Remove the resilient mounts.
(11) Remove the screws and lockwashers (fig.
4-32, View A) that secure the control box bracket to
the side of the generator housing.
(12) Remove the lifting eye (fig. 4-32, View B)
and screw and screw and lockwasher securing the
control box bracket to the top of the generator hous-
(13) Remove the control box bracket.
(14) Disconnect the electrical cables from the
(15) Remove the ground strap.
(16) Remove the screws and washers (fig. 6-1)
which secure the control box to the generator hous-
(17) Remove the screws and washers that se-
cure the control box to the bottom resilient mounts
and remove the control box.
(18) Disconnect electrical cable from the gen-
erator housing (fig. 6-2).
(19) Remove screws and washers securing the
fan cover (fig. 4-22) to the generator housing and
remove the fan cover.