Figure 6-4. Generator, removal and installation, exploded view.
6-3. Control Panel Assembly
a. Removal. Refer to figure 6-2 and the follow-
ing instructions to remove the control panel assem-
(1) Tag and disconnect leads from the termi-
nal board (fig. 6-2).
(2) Tag and disconnect leads from the control
panel assembly (fig. 6-2).
(3) Remove screw from ground strap.
(4) Remove screws, washers, and nuts secu-
ring the control box assembly to the control panel
mounting bracket and remove the control box as-
(1) Position control box assembly in place on
mounting bracket and attach with screws, washers,
(2) Attach ground strap.
(3) Reconnect leads to control panel and ter-
minal board (fig. 6-2).
(1) Remove engine-generator from carrying
frame (para 6-2a (1) and (2)).
(2) Remove control panel assembly (para 6-3).
(3) Disconnect fuel line from fuel pump (fig.
(4) Remove control panel bracket and fuel
tank brackets from generator (fig. 6-3).
(5) Remove screws (1, fig. 6-4) from end cap
(2) and remove end cap.