REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION OF MAJOR COMPONENTS
This chapter covers the removal and installation
of the engine, control panel assembly, and main
6-2. Engine Assembly
a. Removal. Refer to figures 6-1, 6-2, 6-3, and 6-
4 and the following instructions for removal of the
the engine end bell and remove housing and stator.
(13) Remove bearing (8) from end of engine
(14) Insert special tool (Table 5-1) into out-
board end of rotor and thread in until rotor assem-
bly becomes free of shaft and remove rotor (9).
(15) Remove fan (10) from rotor.
(16) Remove bolts (11) securing engine end
(1) Remove bolts from shock mounts securing
the engine-generator in the carrying frame (fig. 6-
(2) Remove engine-generator from the frame
(3) Tag and disconnect leads from the termi-
nal board (fig. 6-2).
(4) Tag and disconnect leads from the control
panel assembly (fig. 6-2).
(5) Remove screw from ground strap.
(6) Remove screws, washers, and nuts secu-
ring the control box assembly to the control panel
mounting bracket and remove the control box as-
sembly (fig. 6-2).
(7) Disconnect the fuel line from the fuel
pump (fig. 4-18).
(8) Remove screws and washers securing the
upper and lower fuel tank brackets to the generator
housing and remove brackets (fig. 6-3).
(9) Remove screws securing the control panel
bracket to the generator housing (fig. 6-3) and re-
(10) Remove screws (1, fig. 6-4) from end cap
(2) and remove end cap.
(11) Remove motor drive machine bolt (3).
(12) Remove nuts (4), bolts (5), and washers
(6) securing the generator housing and stator (7) to
bell (12) to engine housing and remove end bell.
(1) Install engine end bell (12, fig. 6-4) to the
engine housing with bolts (11).
(2) Thread fan (10) onto rotor (9) and install
fan and rotor on engine shaft.
(3) Install bearing (8) on engine shaft.
(4) Position housing and stator (7) in place on
end bell and secure with washers (6), screws (5) and
(5) Install motor drive machine bolt (3).
(6) Install end cap (2) to generator housing
with screws (1).
(7) Install control panel mounting bracket on
the generator housing (fig. 6-3).
(8) Install the lower and upper fuel tank
brackets to the generator housing.
(9) Reconnect fuel line to the fuel pump (fig.
(10) Position control box assembly in place on
mounting bracket and attach with screws, washers,
(11) Attach ground strap.
(12) Reconnect leads to control panel and ter-
minal board (fig. 6-2).
(13) Secure engine-generator in carrying
frame (fig. 6-1) by installing bolts into shock